No! The internal components of the ballast are designed to send the correct voltage and current for the rated lamp. Mixing lamps and ballasts will result in premature failure and will void the manufacturers’ warranty. Consider the size area you want your garden to be prior to making a lighting purchase. It is better to grow into a fixture than out of one.
Articles in this section
- How do I clean the inside of my Sun System® Reflector?
- Is the socket assembly sold separate for Sun System® ballasts?
- Does a BT-56 lamp perform better than a BT-37?
- Which Sun System® Reflectors accept BT-56 bulbs?
- Which Sun System® Reflectors have built-in socket assemblies?
- What is a conversion bulb?
- Do I need to wear gloves when handling an HID light bulb?
- Can I run a 430 watt bulb in a 400 watt lighting system?
- Can I run a 1000 watt bulb in my 400 watt lighting system?
- Why do I need glass to get the ETL Listing on a Metal Halide light?