Traditionally, fluorescent lighting was used for seedlings, cuttings and plants with low light-level requirements and HID was used for established plants and plants with higher light-level requirements. Advances in fluorescent lighting technology, however, have provided more options for horticulturists. T5 fluorescent lighting is the latest in plant growth lighting. T5’s high-light output combined with its low heat and energy consumption makes it an ideal light source to grow a broader array of plants.
Articles in this section
- How do I clean the inside of my Sun System® Reflector?
- Is the socket assembly sold separate for Sun System® ballasts?
- Does a BT-56 lamp perform better than a BT-37?
- Which Sun System® Reflectors accept BT-56 bulbs?
- Which Sun System® Reflectors have built-in socket assemblies?
- What is a conversion bulb?
- Do I need to wear gloves when handling an HID light bulb?
- Can I run a 430 watt bulb in a 400 watt lighting system?
- Can I run a 1000 watt bulb in my 400 watt lighting system?
- Why do I need glass to get the ETL Listing on a Metal Halide light?