The inner arc tube of a Metal Halide lamp contains mercury. Eddison Testing Laboratories has stated that for a Metal Halide fixture to maintain its ETL Listing, that an additional tempered safety lens is required in the event that the arc-tube and outer glass fail. This will prevent the spread of Mercury.
Articles in this section
- How do I clean the inside of my Sun System® Reflector?
- Is the socket assembly sold separate for Sun System® ballasts?
- Does a BT-56 lamp perform better than a BT-37?
- Which Sun System® Reflectors accept BT-56 bulbs?
- Which Sun System® Reflectors have built-in socket assemblies?
- What is a conversion bulb?
- Do I need to wear gloves when handling an HID light bulb?
- Can I run a 430 watt bulb in a 400 watt lighting system?
- Can I run a 1000 watt bulb in my 400 watt lighting system?
- Why do I need glass to get the ETL Listing on a Metal Halide light?